Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

With the new year comes everyone's new year's resolutions, and you can definitely tell at the Western Student Rec Center. The place was packed in there today or maybe it was just because I slept in and went swimming a little later. The holidays have been nice so far because I have been able to do one workout mid morning and another in the evening. I find when I am home it is hard to go to bed early because the rest of my family does not live on that schedule, even though they are awesome. My new year's resolution is to start eating better. To start this off Cliff is sending me to his endurance weight loss class so I can learn some pointers on how to eat better. I did manage to gain some weight from the last time I weighed in, but I am telling myself its muscle from the weight room. Hopefully, this change in diet will translate to better training because I am sure the amount of cookies I eat is not the best fuel for this "finely tuned machine" (right mom and dad :P). This is going to be very important in the next couple of months as the volume starts to pile on. I have some interesting things planned in the new year and can't wait to see some results. I think my first race will be either the 5k or the 10k in London on February 26th. Hope to see some of you out there testing your early season fitness. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, but now its time to get back to work.

1 comment:

  1. Green monsters, man. Get those veggies in. http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/13/classic-green-monster/ Work with this. My fav's a banana, ice cubes, some milk, cocoa powder, spinach (of course) and a hugh jass scoop of peanut butter. NOM. Warning: it looks like a little like...poop.

    ReplyDelete