Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Easy Weeks

Contrary to their name I find easy weeks to be some of the toughest in training. Not necessarily physically but mentally. I recently read a blog post by Ryan Hall where he said "I constantly remind myself that resting takes confidence. Anyone can train like a mad man but to embrace rest and to allow all the hard training to come out takes mental strength." I definitely fall into the category of someone who can train like a mad man (and enjoys to), and I am slowly learning to embrace the rest when it comes. The last couple weeks of winter break the volume increased, but I was still feeling great so when the rest week came this week I just wanted to keep hammering. These are the times where I am glad I hired a coach because Cliff knows whats best, and I am confident in his plan (it is easy to have confidence when you are seeing improvements). So this week I will rest so I can go harder in the future.

I also started my new nutrition plan this week. Sunday I went to a class called weight loss for endurance athletes put on at Multisport-Zone by Cliff, and my nutrition plan has been completely reworked. I do not think I have eaten as many vegetables in one day as I did yesterday. With the volume coming up I needed to make some changes that would allow for proper fueling and recovery. I think I will be spending a lot of time on fellow triathlete Cheryl's blog getting some good ideas for food.

Cheers

I just realized for some reason things got highlighted white and were unreadable. I changed it to black so hopefully now it can be read.

1 comment:

  1. Took me THIS long to see the shout out. I smiled.

    I'm adding you to my blog roll. Get ready for a serious increase in traffic... (I am giving myself a LOT of credit)

    ReplyDelete