Friday, August 19, 2011

Pre Nationals

Made it to Kelowna safely last night after a delay coming into Calgary, and most importantly the bike arrived in one piece. I put it together this morning and went for a short ride to get the legs going. I wish I wasn't here to race because this has to be one of the nicest places to ride, and I just want to go out and hammer some long rides in the mountains.

This afternoon went for a short swim and drove the bike course. I was freezing in the lake so I hope we get to wear our wetsuits. If not I might freeze on the bike. The bike course looks pretty sweet and should work to my advantage with the climbing. It is three loops and each loop seems to be uphill for most of the first half then downhill for the second. I think I will use this to hammer the first half of the last loop then let my legs recover a bit for the run. 

I can't wait to rock this. Tomorrow we get our waves at the prerace briefing. Fingers crossed I will be in an early wave so I won't have to weave my way through so many people. I wish they would let everyone contending for the overall start in the same wave. Its hard when you don't know where you are compared to guys that might have started two minutes before or after you.

I am heading to bed though the time change is killing me. I woke up at 5:30 am local time today and could not fall back asleep. Good luck to everyone racing Bulldog tri this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment