Saturday, May 18, 2013

Olympic Number 1

So after checking the results from the super sprint I was 3rd overall and We think Angela was in the top 3. The results are a bit confusing because each division has a number code based on junior, master, etc. So we aren't sure where we are in the coed overall but we are leading the coed junior.

So on to today's race. That course was tough. Swim went well and exited the water in 6th, Ang had an awesome swim and came into transition right behind me despite starting about a minute back. I got out of transition quickly and moved into 4th within the first kilometre or so. From then on I didn't see a single person the rest of the day.

From what I have heard this is when the real racing starts. The warmup is over and the people that went to hard in the first two races start to pay. I'm a bit tired, but don't think I over did it. Hopefully Ang can pull me up the hills and through the water.

The next races is a bike swim run olympic distance where the teams can draft off of each other. Since I am number 5 Ang gets to move up and start with me. We aren't sure where the next coed team is starting so were going to have to race fftf (fast from the front) and just keep pushing to end. The time trial format is difficult because I could see it being easy to let up if you think you have a lead but someone could have started fifteen minutes behind you.

I will try to write a recap of the afternoon race before or after we go for dinner. Thanks everyone back home for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment